New changes to the registration procedure for Russian and foreign citizens in Moscow, as well as other major cities for the duration of 2018 FIFA World Cup have been introduced.
What are the changes?
- For the duration of reinforced security measures, migration registration and residence registration of foreign citizens is to be performed on the next day, following the day of their arrival; to the place of staying or residence by submitting required documents to the relevant local migration authority
- Citizens of Russia arriving to temporarily stay as well as temporarily or permanently reside in living premises (excluding hotels, resorts, etc.) must apply to the local migration authority for registration not later than 3 business days from the day of arrival. Registration is to be issued by migration authorities on the day of application
- Russian citizens must notify local migration authorities of the duration and place of residence in person
- Aforementioned rules are not applicable to Russian and foreign citizens participating in the FIFA Confederations Cup, as well as representatives of FIFA, FIFA subsidiaries, confederations and national football organisations
When and where the temporary registration rules will be effective?
- From May 25, 2018 till July 25, 2018
- In the territories of Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi, Yekaterinburg, Volgograd, Nizhny Novgorod, Kaliningrad, Rostov-na-Donu, Saransk and Samara
Who is affected?
- Both foreign and Russian citizens arriving from abroad or from other Russian regions into aforementioned cities while reinforced security measures are active
Intermark comments, “We recommend all Russian and foreign citizens arriving during the time of reinforced security measures to timely register on the Decree’s terms – regardless of usual registration-free terms for various categories of citizens.“It is important to remind that violation of registration rules leads to administrative penalties for citizens and for host parties.”In particular, the fine for a host party that fails to meet the requirements of migration registration amounts to the following:
- 2000 – 4000 rubles (35-70$) – for individuals
- 40 000 – 50 000 rubles (771-890$) – for officials
- 400 000 – 500 000 rubles (7 115- 8 894$) – for legal entities
- The penalty for foreign citizens amounts to 2000 – 7000 rubles (35-125$) with possible expulsion from Russia