What does the change mean? The system has several improvements, including a more concise form, online payment, online biometric appointment booking, translations into more languages, mobile-device compatibility, and integration with priority and super-priority services.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate.
- Visas/permits affected: Standard Visitor Visas, Visitor (Marriage & Civil Partnership) and Visitor (Permitted Paid Engagement) Visas.
- Who is affected: Applicants for visitor visas applying in the U.S. and other countries where the service is available.
- Impact on processing times: The new system will improve the overall application process but will not directly impact government processing times.
- Business Impact: Business visitors will benefit from a more convenient process.
- Next steps: More information is available at the Access UK website. The system will not affect applications already submitted through Visa4UK. Eventually, affected users will be redirected to Access UK.