What does the change mean? After a foreign employee arrives in Thailand and submits the pre-work permit approval to request a work permit booklet, the Employment Department will now complete the process within three to four business days (instead of seven business days).
- Implementation time frame: Immediate and ongoing.
- Visas/permits affected: Work permit.
- Who is affected: Foreign employees holding a pre-work permit approval applying for a work permit in Thailand.
- Business impact: Sponsoring companies and foreign employees may complete the work authorization process more efficiently and in a shorter time.
- Next steps: Companies should factor the shorter timeline into their business schedules and start dates.