What does the change mean? Companies should observe the filing schedule to avoid delays in processing.
- Implementation timeframe: July 5-8.
- Visas/permits affected: All immigration services.
- Who is affected: Foreign nationals in Malaysia.
- Impact on processing times: Holiday closures will impact processing.
- Next steps: Employers and employees should lodge applications earlier if they need results prior to the holidays.
Background: In celebration of Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, the Muslim holiday marking the end of Ramadan, the e-Xpats Service Centre will be closed July 5-8, and will resume work July 11. Accordingly, the center has assigned filing dates for Stage 1 (companies with MSC and ICT status) and Stage 2 (MSC status only) applications.