What does the change mean? The changes include a new rule on insurance coverage of residency applicants, a 30-day deadline for foreign workers to apply for residency (previously 60 days), and an optional VIP service providing expedited 40-day processing of residency applications for an additional government fee.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate.
- Visas/permits affected: Temporary residency permits.
- Who is affected: Foreign employees applying for temporary residency.
- Impact on processing times: The optional VIP service will significantly reduce processing from 90 business days to 40.
- Business impact: Businesses should pay attention to the new mandatory insurance coverage program and the shorter deadline for foreign employees to apply for residency, as monetary penalties will be imposed on late filers. The temporary residency card issued to the employee will no longer be tied to the employer, allowing the employee to change employers more easily.